Frequently Asked Question:
- How Many Birds Can I Bring? As few as 1 or as many as 600 birds per day. Our purpose is to meet the needs of the small batch growers.
- Do I Need To Make An Appointment? YES, please call (270) 777-0240 to set a time and date. It is VERY important that you be here on time.
- What do I do to prepare my birds for processing? Remove feed 12 hours prior and water 6 hours prior to make sure crop is empty.
- How do I transport my birds? Transport coops are ideal however not everyone has them. Pet carriers, boxes (with plenty of holes), stock or horse trailers. Keep in mind the more your birds are contained the less injuries, stress, and DOA's you will have.
- What happens when I arrive? Birds that are loose will need to be put in crates (provided by us) but it is your responsibility to catch them and put into crates. Then they'll be brought into our facility.
- How do I get them home? Coolers, Freezers, or whatever you have that you can put them in with ice to keep them at the proper temperature. Be sure container is clean before arrival.
- How long does processing take? Processing time depends on the amount of birds, their size, what parts you want saved, and if they are cut up or whole birds. Generally 4 - 5 Hours.
- If you have any other question, please click on the "Contact Us" Link and ask your questions.
- USDA INSPECTED
- ORGANIC CERTIFIED
- WHOLE FOODS CERTIFIED
- HALAL APPROVED
- KOSHER APPROVED